COMMUNITY BUILD – JOHANNESBURG
#BigSmile Community build
On this project, you will volunteer primarily to build a #BigSmile Community, in collaboration with our partner, The Footprints Foundation, providing much-needed facilities to the local community. In the day, it will be an exciting hive of activity, to help build the community by providing much needed clean sanitary and cooking facilities, as well as a fully-equipped sports facilities, social areas, kitchen, vegetable patches, medical areas, education and skills areas. Our program is twofold:
• Build a sustainable community – First, is the build and fit-out of the community facility. Taking groups, or individuals (around 12+ people) to help with the main build sequence. Our onsite dedicated Project Manager organises the day-to-day delivery, to guide and support you by taking the organisation role, to make your time as rewarding as possible.
• Immerse your senses in a unique cultural Safari – Secondly, you will have the chance to experience a safari for 4 days with your newly found volunteer friends, while surrounded by some of the world’s most beautiful natural scenery and wild animals. Good food and hearty conversation await your evenings. Your guides will be locally employed from the villages, who are English speaking and keen to show you the delights of their country.
Please note all travel and food is included, but please speak to your Country Expert @ Hashtag#Travel if you have any dietary needs and who will be able to advise you on your options and costs involved for different durations and packages.
Be part of creating a sustainable community, that makes a genuine difference;
Meet and work with a variety of great people as a team;
Learning new skills for life;
Create unforgettable lifelong memories and friends;
Immerse yourself in the culture and traditions;
Tantalise your taste buds with exotic local cuisine;
Enjoy the breath-taking scenery;
Experience wild safari animals in their natural habitats;
Relax in beautiful unpopulated pasture;
Enjoy taking part in one of a number optional side trips;
Enjoy making a lasting contribution and legacy to the local African community.
2) Main Construction
3) 2nd fix fit out
4) Landscaping and gardening
5) Painting and decoration
6) Teaching the villages basic skill sets to help run the community center.
7) Working with the school children and help them develop their skills.
8) Providing occupational training to the village
9) Providing vocational skills and training to the Teenagers.
10) Work with Village leaders in the wider area to provide an